Bluebell – a VW campervan with a difference…
We love the VW T5 as a campervan base, it’s the perfect size for a comfortable homey living space that’s also compact enough to navigate narrow country lanes and find those hard to reach parking spots. We wanted to create a rustic T5 conversion with solid reclaimed wood furniture and a quirky interior. The result was Bluebell, a perfect adventure mobile that’s both cosy and functional.
- Top to bottom Diall Recycled Plastic Loft Insulation, covered with Foil faced bubble substrate insulation to create a vapour barrier, resisting damp and condensation.
- Hard wearing Veltrim carpet lining secured with high-temperature spray adhesive.
- 12V Electrics with leisure battery charged via split charge relay system for charging while driving.
- Ceiling mounted 12V LED lights and a string of LED fairy lights.
- Control panel featuring, battery levels monitor, USB charger, 12V cigarette socket & 240V sockets.
- 240v electric hookup
- Kitchen built from a combination of reclaimed oak, planed whitewood and tongue & groove to give a beautiful exterior whilst still keeping down weight. Each length of reclaimed oak has been individually selected and worked to bring out wood’s natural texture and tone. The wood is finished with beeswax which protects and seals it.
- Vintage enamel 2 ring gas stove and grill.
- 25 litre jerry can water storage supplying fresh running water to sink via an electric pump.
- Comfortable u-shaped seating with custom cushion upholstery.
- Small double (Queen 1.9×1.2 metres) slide out bed.
- Large built in storage under the bed which can be accessed from above by lifting the lightweight ply lids or from the back of the van.
For build photos, head over to our post on Building Bluebell.